- No Requirments
- for anyone who wants to become a professional therapist
Professional Massage Course
Jacksfeets Professional Massage course. Let me take you on a journey into the powerful world of therapeutic touch. On this course you will learn the amazing healing techniques of massage. Consequently, its ability to aid healing has endured the passage of thousands of years. Hippocrates and Galen have both recorded at length how it can mend and benefit everyone.
During this adventure we will explore the body, how it’s built and works. Above all we’ll look at how massage helps to keep the body healthy.
Covered on the Professional Massage Course?
- History of Massage
- The Rules and Regulations of practising massage
- Health & Safety and Hygiene
- Movement and handling care of our backs and own bodies
- Storage of products and damageable goods, the ordering of stock and importance of rotation
- Prevention of cross infection
- How to write and complete Risk assessments
- Equipment, what we need to massage
- Exploration of how to set up a treatment room, couch and for instance how not to
- The different Strokes, the effects they have on the body and therefore the changes that can occur. You also will learn how to apply them and adjust them to clients needs.
- What to use as a medium, for example the Oils, Creams, Lotions, Talcum powder
- Because massage can have a profound effect on the body we’ll look at the Contra indications and concerns
- Our Client’s and Care is certainly a very important part of how we treat them
- Information gathering
- Relevant Anatomy & Physiology especially the muscles and skeleton
- Practical, the routine, mastering the strokes and their effects on the body.
Structure of the course
Theory for Professional Massage
A series of lessons delivered via zoom either face to face or prerecorded sessions, complete these at your leisure, must complete before you can move onto the practical part of the course. All quizzes and questionnaires to complete to the standard set with a pass mark of 80%.
Practical Sessions for Professional Massage
This is face to face tuition, with the minimum of two days training with a practical assessment on the last day.
To develop your practical skills on performing the strokes, you will work on each other. Depending on the size of the class and time, outside clients may attend for the final assessment.
The Practical Assessment
During your assessment, you’re asked to perform a 20-minute massage on one part of the body. You’re expected to demonstrate effleurage: deep and superficial, petrisage: kneading, wringing, & skin rolling, tapotement: plucking, hacking, beating, & cupping. Also, at least one of these a vibration, friction, shaking, skimming or stroking move.
Parts of the body you’re asked to massage
- Arms, neck & shoulders
- Legs Front
- Legs Back
To assess your confidence you may get asked to turn your client over.
Where to book
Pre-arranged courses, Eventbrite or Fresha. If you want to arrange a course contact Jac direct