Ideal for those athletes amongst us! Do you suffer from irritable legs, oedema of the ankles and legs? Try this treatment runners legs, the results are amazing experience and see for yourself.
A Jacksfeets Special The Runners Legs Treatment
What massage can do for you!
This treatment’s ideal for those of us who do a lot of walking, running or cycling. Especially if you’re in training for a marathon or long-distance walk. Build it into your regime, it will help to prevent injury, sprains and strains of the joints, muscles and ligaments.
Even Hippocrates 4,000 years ago prescribed massage for soldiers to release fatigue and pain while in training and games. It’s well known he documented that “massage loosens tight, and tightens loose, muscles, tendons and ligaments”, strengthening joints muscles and ligaments.
How it works? It works because massage makes the joint more stable and less prone to injury, improving the range of movement. Massage increases the blood flow into and out of the legs, as a result of this there’s more blood carrying fresh nutrients to the muscles and waste away. There’s also an improvement in lymphatic drainage which leads to a reduction in static lymph. Resulting in increased removal of the toxins from the muscles relieving cramp and pain. To sum up, the muscles become stronger, it also prevents them from tiring quickly and reduces the risk of damage
This condition can run in families, but the true reasons unknown. However, several actual problems can cause the condition.
- An Iron deficiency
- Dopamine deficiency
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Underactive thyroid
- Chronic Kidney disease
- Drugs and other triggers are causing irritable legs.
- These include some, antidepressants, antipsychotics, lithium, antihistamines and anti-emetics.
- Other possible triggers smoking, alcohol, obesity, stress and lack of exercise.
Massage helps to relieve irritable legs, simply because it increases the blood supply to the legs. In addition, an Abdominal massage will increase a rich blood supply to and from the gut, improving absorption. Increasing the absorption of iron and the amino acids – tyrosine and phenylalanine. The kidneys and brain use these to produce dopamine. Dopamines also produced locally in organs and tissues, using it to aid their function. In conclusion, because massage increases blood flow, it helps to contribute to the relief of symptoms throughout the whole body.
About the Treatment
Over the years, I have helped many clients who have come to me for regular leg massages.
This treatment helps in all these situations
- Long-distance runners, walkers and push cyclists. How does it help? For example, improve personal records, able to complete in faster times, and run longer distances. help the healing of injuries and prevent new ones.
- Suffering from lymphoedema, reduce the amount of static lymph, increasing lymphatic drainage and improving mobility. Reduces swelling.
- History of falling, with this massage you’ll feel safe to walk, increased joint stability and improved gait.
- Irritable leg’s syndrome, relieve the symptoms especially at night to improve sleep pattern,
- Cramping and pain, to improve blood and lymph flow, more nutrients to the muscle and more toxins took away we’ll also look at your diet you may need extra nutrients.
- The treatments enhanced if you incorporate abdominal care. I can teach you the abdominal massage to do on yourself at home.
Pre Runners Legs Treatments
You have booked your treatment.
- I’ll contact you over the phone, consequently, as a result of the phone call, consultation times shortened, giving us more time for the treatment
- We’ll fill in your consultation form together
- Have any questions ready because now’s your chance and a good time to ask me questions.
- Likewise, I have the time to answer them, especially if you put them on the form.
Initial Runners Legs Treatment
What do you need to know? The treatment takes approximately 20 minutes, plus 10 minutes that includes getting ready for massage and dressing at the end. Most importantly, allow extra time for first treatment, I do need to check out that nothing has changed since our phone call.
At the end of the treatment, I will discuss with you a plan for moving forward. What else do we need to do?
What happens during a Runner’s Legs Treatment?
Firstly I settle you onto the couch, face down, to start the massage on the back of your legs.
Secondly, once I have completed the back of the legs. I assist in turning you over, then I complete the massage on the front of the legs
Thirdly, I will assess the best way forward to achieve your expectations, how many massages, how regular, what else to include? Setting out a treatment plan for you.
After treatment care use link to post treatment care for in-depth information.
Specific care to this treatment, for instance your treatments post run or long walk, take an Epsom salts bath to help muscles detox and relax.
Make sure you keep your fluids up for the next 24º, you don’t want to become dehydrated.
How to book a treatment
There’s three main ways to contact Jac