This workshop covers simple ways to use hand made products around the home. Household remedies, the things our grandmother’s would have made.
Using Essential oils around the Home
These courses were designed to help you maintain your own `and your families’ health.
For example, some ideas of what we could make.
- When someone’s unwell in the home, make a disinfectant room spray to clear the air in the room.
- Can’t sleep, use a burner ½ an hour before going to bed using a clearing, releasing, soothing blend of oils.
- Further ideas include air fresheners, bubble bath, shampoo. This list is not in exhaustive.
Introduction to Household remedies
- For the most part, the workshops all practical based.
- Because you’re making products and having plenty of fun.
- We’ll study 15 oils safe oils, also including information on how to use them safely.
- In addition, we’ll look at different ways to infuse the air with oils, and how to use them topically.
Household Remedies however does it work?
Our ancestors knew the value of plants. However, we have lost a lot of knowledge over the years and only now gaining it back. When using Essential oils remember they’re very strong antibacterial, viral and fungal agents. Releasing them into the air leads the destruction of harmful microbes. As a result of this in a sick room, atomising and diffusing the oils, clears infection. Household Remedies covers a wide variety of products, for example soap, shampoo, conditioners, disinfectants.
Essential Oil Safety
- You must only use them in small doses makes it safe, for instance 5 drops in 20mls of the carrier.
- Mixing the oil into a base/carrier oil for example cream, wax, water or alcohol to dilute them.
- Therefore, only use the oils diluted and externally, prevents adverse reactions.
- Safe Essential oils, generally ones containing high levels of alcohol.
- You should never ingest the oils, because in high quantities they’re TOXIC
- and Never use oils that are on the toxic list.
Household Remedies the Venues?
- In the comfort of your own home.
- At a friend’s home, in a centre if you’re one of a group.
- Jacksfeets home and training centre
- Online via ZOOM
I’m happy to travel, therefore it’s not a problem no matter where the location of the venue. The number of students will affect the distance and cost of the course that I travel.
When do the courses run?
- At a convenient time for you, when do you want it?
- Book the course in advance and I will come to you.
- We can arrange for it to be a weekday or a weekend, during school time out of school time.
- Let the kids join in the knowledge belongs to everyone, the course contains a lot of fun practical things to do.
How to book on Household remedies?
For detailed information, follow the link to How to Book
Find Prebooked courses on
Once you’re booked on, I’ll contact you with further information.
What does the course cost?
Included on the course
- A comprehensive handout for you to keep, and write notes on.
- Equipment, products, and consumables required to make the products.
- I will bring kits for you to buy if you want to make your own products afterwards.
- Supply you with suppliers information and contact details.
Do I need to bring anything with me?
- An Open Heart and Mind.
- Just yourself and a friend 🙂
- Pens, pencils, and paper or book to write in
- A pair of slippers or thick socks to wear in the training room.
- Warm, comfortable clothes, especially ones you don’t mind if they get oily.
- Lunch food to share if you would like to, if you’re on a special diet please bring your own food.