Digestion explained, let’s learn to look after our gut, certainly learning Your Abdominal Massage (YAM), improves our chances of staying healthy.
The digestive system is a long tube running from our mouth to our anus, divided into several parts that have different functions. Also, along its length and attached to it are other abdominal organs which assist with the digestion of food.
Furthermore, no pre-requites required to attend this course.
Therefore, this course is intended for everyone, for those wanting to know know more about how to look after themselves and the professional who’s looking into training at professional level.
What will I learn on this course?
- Firstly Your Abdominal Massage (YAM), a very effective, simple, easy to perform on yourself massage.
- Secondly the importance of recognising the roots, history, and lineage of this treatment. Because RositaArvigo and Don Elijio’s story, is an important part of this work. We consider it essential to honour the roots of this therapy and ensure that this work’s passed on in its entirety.
- Thirdly on this course we learn about the structure, and the mechanics of the bowel.
- What to look for when things go wrong, and more importantly what we can do to help maintain a healthy optimally functioning Bowel.
- You will also receive instruction on the tools we use in our homely remedies magic hat (castor oil packs, the perineal steam, use of the faja and more).
Why practice this Massage
- Early on when used daily, within days, you will feel the difference that this massage makes.
- Especially you will notice you have more energy.
- Subsequently, you’ll observe changes in your bowel movements and more.
- Other improvements include increased blood supply to all the organs in the abdomen hence balance of hormones and gastric juices.
- The positive response of the intestines to massage also increased absorption of food, minerals and other chemicals.
Your Digestion about the Course
Firstly the courses’ tuition time is 7½ hours long, (however you can choose how you want to learn).
Secondly no matter which type of course you choose to attend there’s plenty of time allowed for
- Built in breaks
- Time for questions and answers
- Practising the abdominal massage
Face to face
- The class runs from 09.00 to 17.30 (punctuality is important).
- At a venue that is prebooked or one of your own choosing (in your own home)
- You’ll certainly get to practice Your Abdominal Massage, several times throughout the day.
- Also, there’s plenty of time to explore specific questions you may have.
- Full day, with the class running from 09.00 to 17.30 (punctuality is important), in this case there are plenty of breaks built in.
- Split days
- First day: 4½ hours tuition time, two 15minute breaks not included
- Second day: 1½ hours tuition time, breaks not included
- Third day: 1½ hours tuition time, breaks not included
- Optional 4th session for catch up if you would like to do this
What do you need?
- An open heart and mind
- Bring a note pad and pen if you like to take notes, but if you prefer to curl up and listen, that’s a great way to enjoy the class too!
- Because this workshop is all about being comfortable, in your own skin and surroundings. Wear what makes you feel good, especially what allows you to practice Your Abdominal Massage over your clothes.
- Therefore, leggings and a loose T-shirt are ideal, make an effort from the waist up.
- Online you will need food and drinks to keep yourself hydrated and alert (however not too much carbohydrate based foods).
- But Face to face I will supply drinks and snacks throughout the day, please bring your lunch.
What’s included in the course
- When you have registered a digital information pack will be made available for you
- You will also receive all the information you need about joining the course on the day, Zoom meeting info / address of venue etc.
- Prior to the commencement of the course digital handouts on the complementary modalities will be forwarded.
- When you begin your journey there’s a form ‘Your Health Story’ to complete as much or as little as makes you comfortable.
- Please submit this form before class starts, knowing some of your story allows me to deliver and tailor the class towards your needs.
Your Digestion Course Details
Dates & times
How to book
Important information click on one of these links and go to course for details. Or contact Jac direct by text
07973 614 555
How to Pay
Pay via Eventbrite, Fresha, Bank Transfer, PayPal, click on link to Training Prices
The Abdominal Therapy Collective
Here’s a bit about Jac and the Abdominal Therapy Collective. Jac’s trained and taught by Dr Rosita Arvigo DN, (Doctor of Naturopathy). and basically is one of The Abdominal Therapy Collective Trainers,
In addition to many other reasons that we teach these courses, one’s to help Rosita keep her promise to Don Elijio not to let his knowledge die with him.
Rosita has kept these courses steeped in ancient knowledge and practices from the Maya Traditional healing system, meanwhile integrating with modern science and knowledge.
We continue to use to pass on this knowledge from master to apprentice as similarly practised Maya traditions now and into the future. This is why it’s important we give praise and acknowledge those who went before us.
Don Elijio Panti
Don Elijio Panti is certainly known as the most famous Shaman to have ever lived. During his lifetime he had never taken an apprentice until he met Rosita Arvigo. It wasn’t until he had a dream one night that his apprentice was Rosita that he started to train her properly. After that Rosita studied with Don Elijio for many years until he died.
He asked her to promise that after his death she would not let his knowledge die with him and leave his people without a healer. As a result of this and to keep her promise she has kept by training therapist all around the world, setting up the Tropical Research Foundation and school for Traditional Healers of Belize.
Miss Hortence Robinson
In addition to Don Elijio’s knowledge Miss Hortence passed on her extensive knowledge to Rosita in caring for the pregnant woman through to childbirth and post-partum care.
As a result of what you learn, you will be able to confidently
- Perform YAM on yourself
- Discuss the history and lineage of abdominal therapy.
- Describe and understand the anatomy and physiology of the digestive system and the supporting organs attached to it.
- Explain to others about how the digestive system works and what you can do to keep these organs of your body balanced.
- Recognise the signs and symptoms of common conditions and problems
- Use the Magic Hat Tips and Tricks to help you heal yourself.
This rich workshops packed with easy to access information including techniques to help you help yourself.