Contra Indications, they’re something that we need to be aware of and be cautious about. Before you start working on the body.
There’s times when not to massage, or we need to adapt the massage. Also, we will go over these with you.
What to do about Contra Indications
Hot hands, you hold space for yourself.
For instance hold your hands over the the area where you want gentle healing to take place. In this case the lower abdomen. As opposed to actually working directly on the body ‘It’s a bit like the mother rubbing her child’s knee after they have fell over’. Let the heat develop under your hands, and hold for 10 to 15 minutes.
Working in the Etheric body
Holding your hands two to three inches above the body. ‘Floating’ above the body perform the strokes without actually touching the body. (You can do the strokes etherically, only if you feel this would be good to do)
Cautions to take
Over Lower Abdomen – still working the upper Abdomen as normal.
Omit lower abdomen 5 days before when the uterus is at her heaviest and whilst you are bleeding. Still do upper abdomen and over the groin.
- Avoid doing the lower abdomen and lymphatic work during the first 20 weeks
- After this time the strokes are adapted. Because you’re pregnant, you’ll be shown how to perform the new strokes. Also, the pregnancy protocols shared with you.
- Post Partum Continue upper abdominal work as normal
- Post Partum: 6 weeks post orator normal delivery | 3 months Caesarian if fully healed.
- Fertility Technology Continue upper abdominal work as normal
- Once you have started on your fertility treatment your therapist will share our protocol with you for you to follow with their support.
Some abdominal surgery can take a full 6 months before it is fully healed. Depending on where the incision, its size, and how healed it is before you start work.
Hot hands are always acceptable it helps the body to heal. Work with both your surgeon and therapist on this once you’re given the all clear you can recommence working your abdomen.
- Keyhole surgery, 6 – 12 weeks.
- Appendectomy – can do upper abdomen, 6 – 12 weeks.
- Hysterectomy, can do upper abdomen, 6 – 12 weeks
- Laparotomy – 3 – 6 months
These are only guidelines always consult with your therapist
Some medications affect the body’s ability to recognise pain – numb the nerve endings. Be very gentle over the whole abdomen.
- Analgesics – painkillers
- Some Anti psychotics
Consequently, it’s advised to use hot hands in this instance
As a result of having a coil work the Upper abdomen as usual. The Lower abdomen Hot Hands only whilst in situ.
Do not perform massage if you have acute abdominal / pelvic pain or infection.
Stop doing the Abdominal Massage and get in contact with your therapist, you may need to seek medical attention.
Remove the pessary before treatment. If its one you can’t hot hands only lower abdomen.
Gastro-oesophageal Reflux Disorder (GERD) or Hiatal Hernia
Sit semi recumbent always work your strokes downwards, slowly and softly – light pressure.
Also, Known as Fowlers position
Hot hands only for 3 – 6 months. Before starting to massage check with therapist and consultant.
Total Contra indications
As a result of the severity, these conditions need attention, and you shouldn’t treat at all without consulting your GP.
High Temperature | Cancer or receiving chemotherapy
Consult with your consultant and therapist
Seek Medical attention this is AN EMERGENCY
Pain or discomfort
Always tell therapist advice if after 6 full treatments, it doesn’t diminish you may need to seek medical advice.